Thursday, October 13, 2016

To Wine or Whine

Yea, so, to wine or whine. . . well, wine then a little whine, or some whine then a lot of wine, either way you look at it, where there is whine there is wine, and where there is wine there was whine, or will be wine if you're that kinda girl. (Are you still following?) Note: I have not had any wine while writing this blog post. Promise. Serious. Not being sarcastic. Seriously, how do I get you to believe me!!?

I've noticed that things (life) is a little more clearer when I'm wandering. Maybe it's because I'm not in my usual element and can't get bogged down or trapped by every day life stuff that I see things more clearly. Like, for example, the way I'm treated (dating wise), or standing up for myself when I haven't done anything wrong (work wise), or noticing the kindness of people (the kind-hearted people of Louisiana).

My blog post writing was just interrupted by a lady who I met just this week who wanted to thank me for hosting the event (a very boring, quiet meeting). Her comments were so genuine and warm that I was so honored to be a part of this meeting. I very much so enjoy meetings (sometimes too much) as long as they are productive. Sometimes, as the meeting planner, my job is all of 5 minutes out of a 9 hour day. So I sit in the back of the room, until lunch time, remind people to go eat, then sit in the back of the room some more, until the end of the day, and remind people that its time to leave, then do it all over again the next day. Mind you, while I'm sitting in the back of the room, I'm still somewhat paying attention to what is happening in the room, as well as reading/responding to email, and joining meetings, making plans for next weeks meeting (yes, that's right, next week's meeting!) All the while remembering to keep track of the time to let them know when to take breaks, and I'm in Central Time, so adjusting to the timezone. So, basically, I am doing 2 jobs at once–in addition to living my life (like taking care of myself, sleeping enough, eating meals, remembering to drink my water, taking my medication at the right time, etc.) So, when someone comes up to me and genuinely thanks me for taking care of the all of the details (like being sure that the coffee is full, and that we have delicious snacks, and that we take breaks throughout the day). This is my life-blood; these are the people in my life who make me not whine.

That wasn't even the direction I was going here, but I took it and ran with it. 

What I wanted to talk about was my friends. I'm so blessed and fortunate to have such caring and wonderful people in my life. Obviously I'm not naming them here, but one little note, one little text or Facebook post and what they say calms my nerves and makes me less frustrated. Sometimes I have to do a little whining to them (no, it doesn't say winning. . . ) And sometimes they need to do a little whining to me. But in the end, we will know, that we will all enjoy a glass of wine, whether together or apart and life will revert back to normal (wait, what? No, not normal? Good!)

Cheers!

This was a couple of weeks ago with some of my gym gal pals! It's at a place called The Tasting Room that is literally right around the corner from my house! Well, not walking distance or anything, but close! I just thought you all would want a photo. . .  To wine not whine!






No comments:

Post a Comment